Jeffrey Gianelli, LCSW
I am a private practice licensed clinical social worker serving clients in and around Wilmington, North Carolina both in person and virtual, and well as virtual only in California. As your therapist, it is my priority to create a therapeutic atmosphere that promotes growth and positive change, for you. I look forward to working with you to address your challenges and realize your goals. Therapy is a process that can move you toward being the healthiest version of yourself and living the life you desire.
Education & Credentials:
- License #: C013939
- License State: North Carolina
- License # 88604
- License State: California
- Practicing Since: 2016
- Education: MSW in Social Work
My background includes the following:
- Trauma therapist fully certified in EMDR , with comprehensive training in trauma-informed approaches.
- Extensive training in
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Utilization of techniques from several other modalities such as
- Internal Family Systems (IFS)
- Gestalt Psychology
- Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT)
- Trained teacher of the Mindful Self Compassion Program through Center for Mindful Self Compassion.
- Completed 2-year mindfulness-based program through Embracing Simplicity.
I will work with you to develop a treatment plan based on your goals and concerns. I use a variety of approaches to address my clients unique needs. Many successful treatment plans will utilize a foundation of cognitive-behavioral (CBT), compassion focus therapy (CFT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), EMDR, internal family systems (IFS), solution-focused brief therapy (SFBT).
Additionally, there is a growing body of research that supports the practice of self-compassion and mindfulness in psychotherapy. Neuroscience research reveals individuals that practice these techniques are happier, more resilient, and better equipped to heal painful memories from the past. It is my honor and mission to help my clients move past what’s blocking them from reaching their full potential individually and in their relationships.
“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson